We’ve been doing a load of clearing out at home, rejigging our house in anticipation of some visitors in March. It’s a good excuse to get organised, paint the hall and all sorts of other things we hadn’t gotten round to in the nearly three years we’ve lived here (I know, THREE years – some sort of record for us!).
The next major project I have to sort out is my office space/studio/shithole. Once you get started rationalising possessions, streamlining and such, I find it very easy to carry on and apply those principles to everything and that means business, too.
So, you’ll have noticed a much sprucer and slimmer catalogue of products, which will be honed further still and you’ll also see that over 80% of products are now HALF PRICE. That means that when current stocks are gone, they’ll be gone and won’t be coming back for the foreseeable future.
For example :
Zines, banners and keychains remain full price currently, but have all had a price review to keep things current. I suggest you take advantage of my rationalisation and bag yourself some bargains before they’re gone!
I’m going to be discontinuing a bunch of badges at the end of the month, so they’re now reduced to just 50p each. I’m also clearing a forgotten stash of some cross stitch kits, prices from just £3.50.
So, you know, you should really click over to the Sale section and pick up some bargains before it’s too late.
Go on, you know you want to.
New year, new me, etc, etc. Perhaps it’s slightly late to be saying that, a full 17 days in to 2018, but the intention is good. I haven’t been a regular blogger for the past couple of years, and was largely absent for most of 2017, preferring to hang out over on Instagram, mostly, for instant gratification. But I miss not having somewhere to vent/share/write and so I thought I’d offer a little update to anyone who still reads this as to where the hell I’ve been.
Since last spring, I have:
- Taken redundancy from my job in broadcasting and left the world of access services after nearly 9 years with a cheery wave.
- Spent 5 weeks in America, gadding about, house-sitting for family and friends. I started a new instagram account (@everythingiateinamerica) to document, well, everything I ate. On days like today, when I’m feeling hungry and homesick for my second home in Cincinnati, I like to browse it and relive every bite.
- Spent a week on a beach in Kos, drinking cocktails and swimming in the sea every day. It was top notch super fun.
- Fell in love with a new horsey beau, Monty. We took part in a dressage competition and we only bloody came second!
- Released my collaborative zine with Marceline and sold out of the first print run very quickly, yay! I have others in the works.
- Worked in a variety of places, including looking after a college’s website and serving people terrible coffee
- Started and completed working at Sainsburys supermarket for the Christmas season which was a lot more fun that it sounds. Checked off a life goal of working on a checkout – I really enjoyed it but it did mean I didn’t get any days off at all for about 4 months.
- Had two teeth removed. I got IV sedation which I’d heartily recommend. Look after your teeth, kids.
- And after skipping away happily from access services and the world of broadcasting, starting a new job at STV – in the wonderful world of access services! There’s no escape from television, it seems.
- Spent a month or two looking after my neighbour’s pony Lark, who I immediately rechristened Mark. He is a good sort and we spent some lovely time together roaming around the woods.
Took part in the Etsy Made Local market in Glasgow, which was hands-down my most profitable market day in over 13 years. It was good to get the old team together.
Did my first foreign language cross stitch commission, a piece in Russian which my Russian sister-in-law tells me is quite insulting, but the customer loved it nonetheless.
And rounded off the year seeing my favourite band, Rocket From The Crypt, who as ever, put on a truly amazing show.
But by far and away the best thing about 2017, was this:
And now you’ll never forget how to spell diarrhoea either.
Remember me? Been a while, eh? Well, I’m baaaaaaaaaack! If you are a friend of mine on social media (and really, why aren’t you?), you can probably sense that something is brewing on The Bellwether front and your patience will be rewarded soon, stay tuned!
Meanwhile, I’m here to tell you about a project that recently came to fruition after several years in the works. Me and my good pal Marceline of Asking For Trouble finally launched our zine, The Other Side Of The Table – we’ve been plotting it for literally years and it’s donnnnne!
The idea for the zine came about after nearly 25 combined years of rubbish craft fairs, both attending as sellers and buyers. It’s 20 pages crammed with anecdotes, horror stories, anonymous rants and a pull-out fun section.
Hard copies are £4 and are available right here.
If you prefer an e-book, formatted for Kindles and iBooks, click here to purchase on Amazon.
And for an instant-download PDF version, click on over to Etsy to buy it there.
Both the PDF and e-book versions have bonus content! So that’s fun. Early reviews are that it’s “hilarious” and that it “made my day”, so snap up your copy today!
Describe yourself in 5 words.
Do. Not. Fuck. With. Me.
Instant download cross stitch chart available to purchase now. Stitch your own personal motto this very weekend.